How to fix vcredist_x86.exe application errors
Vcredist_x86.exe is a type of "executable" file associated with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010/ 2012/ 2013/ 2008/ 2005 x86 redistributable packages. The exe file was created by Toshiba for Windows. If you are receiving a vcredist_x86.exe 2012 missing/ not found/ VC++ application error, it is wise to fix it immediately to avoid getting a BSOD crash error, system hangs (freezes) or a slow PC in future.
Common Causes of Vcredist_x86.exe Application Error
EXE Errors often appear at startup and shutdown of the computer. The "vcredist_x86.exe has stopped working" "is missing" or crash error may pop up when you try to install or open a Visual C++ 2012 or 2013 x86 redistributable application. Some common error messages are given below:
*"Vcredist_x86.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
*"Vcredist_x86.exe Application Error."
*"Vcredist_x86.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
*"Cannot find vcredist_x86.exe."
The most common cause for exe errors are virus or malware infection. Viruses can be disguised as the original EXE file and can spread via spam email attachments or malicious websites. When they are executed they will harm other files in your system by replicating. Other reasons include, corrupt or missing file from an improper installation or un-installation of programs, many fragmented files in windows registry, a device driver or even hardware failure. The file may have been accidentally deleted by the user or overwritten by another program or virus, creating corrupt registry keys.
How to Fix Vcredist_x86.exe Application Error
There are many manual methods to repairing the problem (in safe mode):
1. Use System Restore to undo recent changes or "roll back" to the last state.
2. Run SFC/Scannow to do a full system scan and replace the missing file.
3. Run a full virus and malware scan on your system with your favourite antivirus. If this doesn't work, download VSKAntivirus for a more powerful spyware, adware, worms, Trojan and malware detection and virus removal.
4. Update drivers if they are outdated - Use Drivers Diagnostics tool from Microsoft that replaces corrupt or missing exe files with compatible updates.
5. If you can locate the exe file and know the relevant vcredist_x86.exe command line options, like "vcredist_x86 /q" you can perform a silent install of Visual C++ 2008/ 2010/ 2012/ 2013 redistributables. Otherwise it is best to opt for an automatic vcredist_x86.exe download to fix the EXE application error.
Unless you are technically expert, it is risky to manually install drivers that may not match your hardware or OS. You may continue to get missing errors, or create more serious blue screen errors by mistake. To avoid this it is best to use an effective vcredist_x86.exe 2012/ 2013/ 2010/ 2008/ 2005 download to fix VC++ application errors easily. Download DLL Suite to fix .exe application has stopped working and .sys BSOD errors for Windows PCs. It will scan and restore DLL files and then automatically place them in the proper locations.