How to fix SDL2.dll missing or not found error
Want to find a SDL2.dll Dying Light download, or DLL file fixer for Windows to install and fix your not found or missing file error?
SDL2.dll is Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file and a component of Microsoft DirectX and is used by popular PC games such as Dying Light, CS and others. SDL stands for Simple DirectMedia Layer and the file location is in C:\Windows\System32 folder for Windows 32 bit machines. If you are getting an error that looks similar to: "The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" it is best to fix it immediately to avoid getting BSOD crash errors, system hangs or a slow PC later.
Common Causes of SDL2.dll Error
DLLmissing or not found errors often appear at PC startup / shutdown. The "SDL2.dll has stopped working" or "is missing" or crash error appears when you try to install or run a large multimedia application, such as a video game using DirectX.
The causes can be various, but the error message and the cause give a clue to how to fix your error. There may be a virus or malware attack that has deleted your missing dll file. The missing dll error may be due to an improper installation or un-installation of programs, leaving behind fragmented windows registry files. It may be due to an outdated device driver or even hardware failure. The dll file may have been accidentally deleted by the user or overwritten by another program, creating corrupt registry keys.
How to Fix SDL2.dll Errors
There are many manual methods to repairing the problem (in safe mode):
1. Use System Restore to undo recent changes or "roll back" to the last state.
2. Run SFC/Scannow to do a full system scan and replace the missing file.
3. Run a full virus and malware scan on your system with your favourite antivirus. If this doesn't work, download VSKAntivirus for a more powerful spyware, adware, worms, Trojan and malware detection and virus removal.
4. Update drivers if they are outdated - Use Drivers Diagnostics tool from Microsoft that replaces corrupt or missing dll files with compatible updates.
5. You can manually find the corrupted file in its location, replace it with a download copy of the file update and then install it properly to fix the error. Make sure the download source is a trusted website. Otherwise it is best to opt for an automatic sdl2.dll download to fix the dll error.
Unless you are technically expert, it is risky to manually install drivers that may not match your hardware or OS. You may continue to get missing errors, or create more serious blue screen errors by mistake. To avoid this it is best to use an effective sdl2 dll file fixer to repair the missing or not found errors easily. Download DLL Suite to fix DLL missing / has stopped working / BSOD errors for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP and Vista. It will scan and restore DLL files and then automatically place them in the proper locations without any worries.